To Our Guests,
After two months of being closed for the safety to our staff and guests in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, our local governments have announced the first stage of reopening. Phase One allows us to welcome our guests back with properly spaced outdoor seating and additional safety measures. We are excited to see our neighbors and return to creating experiences and memories for our community.
We are also aware of the responsibility we hold, to create and maintain a safe environment for both guests and staff. Here is our plan for your safety, and our success together as we navigate this new environment.
1. We request that guests make reservations through our website or via Open Table.
2. Walk-ins will be accepted but will be limited due to fewer tables and limited properly spaced waiting areas. If you aren’t able to make a reservation online, we encourage you to call ahead and we can add you to the waiting list. If a table becomes available sooner than expected due to a cancellation, we will contact you.
3. Guests without reservations must provide name and contact information per government guidance.
4. Since we are only opening our patios in this phase, and we have limited ability to cover them in case of rain, reservations will be contingent on weather. If it rains, your reservation may be canceled with notification (except at The Charles which has limited covered outdoor seating). Take out and delivery will then be an option.
5. There will be a time limit of 1 hour 30 minutes for lunch & brunch and 2 hours for dinner so we can fairly utilize our limited capacity.
6. Hours of operation will vary by location so please check our sites. Additionally, all locations will close for 1.5 hours each afternoon to separate our day staff from night and clean & sanitize the entire facility.
1. Please check in with our host stand at the restaurant door. If there are guests in front of you, please wait outside, 6 feet apart from the others, until the party is seated. After checking in, you will be escorted to your table.
2. We will offer a single use physical menu which will be discarded afterwards. A QR code is also available, should you prefer, which, on scanning with your phone, will give you access to our menu. Our menus are also available online at any of our sites.
3. Every table will be 6 feet apart from each other, so you will have enough space to feel comfortable.
4. When you are ready for the check you may elect traditional style of payment through your server, or go to a designated payment area at the bar which will offer a contact-less option via chip, Apple Pay, or Google Pay.
Additional safeguards we are taking to ensure Eatwell DC Restaurants are safe:
1. We created a Covid specific employee manual with procedures that all Eatwell DC team members must follow.
2. Every employee is temperature checked when they clock in every day. Temperature is logged on a card. Every employee must sign this card daily.
3. Every food preparation employee must wash their hands and change gloves every 30 minutes. All other employees have strict handwashing guidelines.
4. Tables will be thoroughly sanitized between seatings and all condiments will be single use.
5. Most of our restroom doors are hands free. Most bathrooms fixtures are touchless. Every door handle and bath surface are also regularly sanitized.
6. We have hand sanitizers dispensers around the restaurants for your use.
7. All of our team will be wearing face masks at all the times.
What we need from or guests:
1. If you do not feel well, please do not dine with us but please, let us know in advance.
2. Please arrive on time; not late or early. We want to make sure we do not have crowds of people waiting.
3. Please do not overstay. There will be another party coming after the allotted time limit, and we do not want to make them wait. Your server will give you a heads up if you are nearing the end of your seating period.
We know that whatever is ahead will have a big learning curve. We will listen to you and improve the experience daily. Our goal is to provide you with the safest environment and the best dining experience that we can in these times. We want you to know you can count on us to take that responsibility seriously.
We look forward to a bright future around the corner, and we are happy to serve our community again!